Friday, June 25, 2010

Finger Pointing at the Moon

9:26 pm: I begin a blog post, writing this sentence:

“What if you decide that what you really want is to retire to New England, garden, meditate, and be left alone to play your musical instruments (at last), but you’re stuck in hot, insane Texas with 3 months of work to accomplish in three weeks, and retirement is at least 15 years away?”

9:28 pm: I pause to re-read it, and one of my students texts me: “Have you seen this moon?”

9:29 pm: I walk out my front door; big fat yellow moon, the kind you only see either in vast flat places, or over the ocean.

Thank you, Grasshopper.

2 comments:

sunshine said...

You touch so many, my Teacher, in everything you do. I'm sure I can only imagine how frustrating it can be at times, but still I am and always will be immensely grateful.

Lexylith Ium said...

How is it, that our mind stops in certain moments of 'being' and returns to ancient, mysteries archetypes like the 'moon' ... distant light in a distant heaven?